Jewson Limited of Saint Gobain House, Binley Business Park Coventry, CV3 2TT is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We are committed to providing you with information, products and services which you require and as a valued customer we would like to keep you informed about new product launches, branch developments, new services, newsletters and bulletins and special promotions we think you will find interesting. We may also share your data with other companies in our group or third parties to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
1. YOUR PRIVACY
Jewson Limited ("Jewson/We") is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to provide you with sales information and a more personalised visiting experience. This privacy statement does not affect your rights under Data Protection legislation.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected;
- With whom information may be shared;
- Our security procedures to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control;
- Your rights in connection with your personal data; and
- How you can correct any errors in the information we hold on you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the"Act"), the data controller is Jewson Limited of Saint-Gobain House, Binley Business Park, Coventry CV3 2TT.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site / or www.jewson.co.uk and/or our mobile applications (any of these and/or all will be referred to throughout this document as "our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Jewson, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To personalise your visit to our site;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service and about important functionality changes to our site
Jewson is committed to providing you with information, products and services which you require and as a valued customer we would like to keep you informed about new product launches, branch developments, new services, newsletters and bulletins and special promotions we think you will find interesting. We may also share your data with other companies in our group or third parties to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We will only contact you by electronic means, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, they will only contact you by electronic means, if you have consented to this unless we are contacting you with information about goods and/or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you by us.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form or the credit account application form).
For training purposes, some telephone calls may be monitored.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us email@example.com.
5. WHO HOLDS THE DATA WE COLLECT?
6. WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Jewson is committed to the security of customer information and personal data. We take precautions to protect all of the customer data we have collected as you would expect of a prudent and responsible organisation. We use encryption, authentication, data integrity, secure socket layer and digital certificates for the transfer of account information and any payment transactions and we have measures in place such as password protection to protect our customer database and access to this database is also restricted internally to prevent unauthorised or accidental access to data.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Except in the case of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, we do not accept responsibility for or any liability resulting from any security breaches which may occur.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
8. WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
At present Jewson does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to outside of its group of companies, we may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties. If you would rather we did not share your information please tell us not to by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use more than one email address to visit us, send this message from each email account you use.
Also, Jewson may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, browser type, operating system, Internet, domain, demographic and profile data, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
As customer satisfaction is important to us, we may ask a third party research company to contact you for the sole purpose of gathering general information and specific information relating to Jewson and its products and services.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Jewson Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Jewson is especially interested in protecting the safety and privacy of young people using our services. We do not intend to collect information about children and recommend that children under the age of 18 seek their parents' consent before giving out personal information or using our services. Orders should not be placed through our site unless the person placing the order is over the age of 18.
We recommend that parents participate on their child's behalf in on-line browsing and purchasing experiences and supervise exploration of the Internet. Parents should be aware that our site may contain information or promote products which are not suitable for children under the age of 18.
10. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
You shall comply with the Act (including any subordinate legislation made under it) and any related legislation in relation to any personal information provided to us or held by or on behalf of you as a result of or in connection with or necessary for the use of our site.